Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

Well well it's been a looong while since I've posted on this blog! School, work and trying to spend some quality time with family took precedence over all other interests and hobbies! School practically killed me, what with all the constant studying, writing and reading! The stress I went through was close to having a nervous breakdown! Yes it was a very stressful time that led all the way up to the first week of December and then it was time to prepare for the holidays! Whew, what a whirlwind!! 
Since things have finally slowed down I can now concentrate on things that I have been neglecting, like this blog site!  I have made it my goal to clean up this blog and to post more often about food, nutrition and fitness... in hopes that I can inspire others to take their health seriously!  


Another goal I made, actually a bet I made with my husband, is to do at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday until 12/31/12! He doesn't think I can do it but it shouldn't be a problem for me. I mean I've been a fitness trainer, group exercise instructor and an avid fitness enthusiast for many years. It's just that sometimes life gets so busy with other things! I'm sure you know what I mean right? Anyway it is possible if you really set your mind on it, and I know I CAN DO IT!!  I decided that I would post my workouts and show you that 30 minutes of exercise everyday is possible even if you do have a hectic schedule! 


Yesterday, January 1, the challenge began!  I went for a 40 minute combination run/fast-paced walk around my neighborhood. I live in a hilly area so it was a great cardio workout!  Today was a more anerobic intense workout, it felt amazing! After that workout I felt even more motivated to clean up around here and put all the Christmas decorations away!  I will definitely post that 35 minute workout on this blog so hopefully you can give it a try ( and if you do let me know what you thought!).


I'll continue eating clean foods, which I call "Foods with Muscle" as I have been, with the exception of oh a few days in December, and posting the importance of these foods as well as  why you too should be incorporating them in your diet. 


So here we go, you, me and my family working our way to build a stronger, healthier and happier self!! 


Cheers to your health!!
;) Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment